A weight-loss diet undertaken on an urgent, short-term basis with the aim of achieving very rapid results.
- Men are also more likely to exercise to excess to work off a pub lunch than go on a crash diet.
- I'm thinking we should all start crash diets.
- There were no crash diets, no marathons, just a steady, realistic programme which anyone can follow.
verb(crash-diet) [no object]
Embark on a crash diet: some climbers crash-diet for three days before major ascents
More example sentences
- The supermodel revealed: "The only time I crash diet is Christmas."
- The coroner's report after her death concluded that Cass died of massive heart failure, brought on by obesity and the strains of crash dieting.
- One of the main causes of cellulite is crash dieting, which causes toxins to build up in the body.
Definition of crash diet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.