1 informal A place to sleep, especially for a single night or in an emergency: a short-stay crash pad for drug users in crisis
More example sentences
- The cramped units with rollout beds and sleep-in porches had served as crash pads for generations of beachcombers and laborers looking for a cheap place to lay their heads.
- The couple, who live at Drews Park Village, wanted to buy a property in France and a crash pad near to Heathrow Airport in London where they both work for an airline.
- Meant to be just a crash pad, the capsule hotels are about the size of a coffin.
2A thick piece of shock-absorbing material for the protection of the occupants of an aircraft cockpit or motor vehicle.
- First off, your crash pad is not full protection.
- If you're afraid of hurting yourself if you fall, then I suggest buying some crash pads to protect yourself from the pain of falling.
- The crash pad basically and simply lessens the shock factor when you fall.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: crash pad
Definition of crash pad in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.