Definition of crash pad in English:
1 informal A place to sleep, especially for a single night or in an emergency: a short-stay crash pad for drug users in crisis
More example sentences
- The cramped units with rollout beds and sleep-in porches had served as crash pads for generations of beachcombers and laborers looking for a cheap place to lay their heads.
- The couple, who live at Drews Park Village, wanted to buy a property in France and a crash pad near to Heathrow Airport in London where they both work for an airline.
- Meant to be just a crash pad, the capsule hotels are about the size of a coffin.
2A thick piece of shock-absorbing material for the protection of the occupants of an aircraft cockpit or motor vehicle.
- First off, your crash pad is not full protection.
- If you're afraid of hurting yourself if you fall, then I suggest buying some crash pads to protect yourself from the pain of falling.
- The crash pad basically and simply lessens the shock factor when you fall.
Definition of crash pad in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan