Deliberately crash (a new vehicle) under controlled conditions in order to evaluate and improve its ability to withstand impact: countless prototypes were crash-tested and special shock-absorbing crumple zones were developed
More example sentences
- How is it possible, in these times when mainstream manufacturers must spend millions rigorously crash-testing cars from every angle to meet European rules, to legally drive a bed down the road?
- Each year, NCAP crash-tests all new car models to see how they protect drivers and passengers who are wearing seatbelts.
- It can deal with accidents, breakdowns or theft through its back-up antenna, and it has even been crash-tested at Volvo's safety centre so that it remains functional after an accident.
(crash test) An instance of crash-testing a vehicle.
- None of the latter vehicles have gone through crash tests for the reason that such tests are not done in India since there are no facilities for conducting such tests.
- Let's take a look at the crash test for a second vehicle, that's the Land Rover Freelander.
- It had taken 13 years, 250 whole-vehicle crash tests, 2,500 sled tests and seven million vehicle kilometres to develop a sensor that set off an airbag in 30 milliseconds.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: crash-test
Definition of crash-test in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.