Definition of crash-test in English:
Deliberately crash (a new vehicle) under controlled conditions in order to evaluate and improve its ability to withstand impact: countless prototypes were crash-tested and special shock-absorbing crumple zones were developed
More example sentences
- How is it possible, in these times when mainstream manufacturers must spend millions rigorously crash-testing cars from every angle to meet European rules, to legally drive a bed down the road?
- Each year, NCAP crash-tests all new car models to see how they protect drivers and passengers who are wearing seatbelts.
- It can deal with accidents, breakdowns or theft through its back-up antenna, and it has even been crash-tested at Volvo's safety centre so that it remains functional after an accident.
nounBack to top
(crash test) An instance of crash-testing a vehicle.
- None of the latter vehicles have gone through crash tests for the reason that such tests are not done in India since there are no facilities for conducting such tests.
- Let's take a look at the crash test for a second vehicle, that's the Land Rover Freelander.
- It had taken 13 years, 250 whole-vehicle crash tests, 2,500 sled tests and seven million vehicle kilometres to develop a sensor that set off an airbag in 30 milliseconds.
Definition of crash-test in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan