Definition of creationism in English:
1The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.
- The majority of Americans believe in creationism rather than evolution.
- They spend much time attacking biblical creationism and creationists.
- The original proposal was to stop teaching evolution theory until creationism could be taught alongside.
1.1 another term for creation science.
- It is not surprising that theologians and mainstream Christians claim that creationism damages Christianity.
- Intelligent Design creationism is bad theology, bad politics, bad education, and bad science.
- This succinctly expresses, I think, both the nature and the theological weakness in ID creationism.
Definition of creationism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.