Definition of credit crunch in English:
A sudden sharp reduction in the availability of money or credit from banks and other lenders: the beleaguered company has become the latest victim of the credit crunch
More example sentences
- Economic recovery will also be impaired by the ongoing credit crunch.
- The corporate bond market, which has been vibrant for a few months, continued its invulnerability to the credit crunch this week.
- What could really hurt the industry is the credit crunch.
- Example sentences
- In these credit-crunched times, one industry is still booming: oil.
- You want to buy a car and, in these credit-crunched times, secondhand looks like the sensible choice.
- The timing, with everyone else credit-crunched and recession-haunted, made it all the more loathsome.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan