Definition of credit transfer in English:
1A system whereby successfully completed units of study contributing towards a degree or diploma can be transferred from one course to another.
- These qualifications will be made up of European credits or study modules known as ECTS (European credit transfer system), which will be recognised Europe-wide.
- As a migrating student, you must first take admission in the first year of the university concerned, and then apply for credit transfer.
- His study of the introduction of a credit transfer scheme in one university looked at what he called ‘ground level’ academics.
2British A direct payment of money from one bank account to another.
- Wages are payable by direct credit transfer to your bank account each Tuesday for the week ending the previous Friday before last.
- The savings on cross-border payments will apply only to those who make cross-border payments by credit transfer.
- Every year more people ask for their benefits to be paid direct to a bank by automatic credit transfer, because they find it convenient.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan