Definition of credit transfer in English:
1A system whereby successfully completed units of study contributing towards a degree or diploma can be transferred from one course to another.
- These qualifications will be made up of European credits or study modules known as ECTS (European credit transfer system), which will be recognised Europe-wide.
- As a migrating student, you must first take admission in the first year of the university concerned, and then apply for credit transfer.
- His study of the introduction of a credit transfer scheme in one university looked at what he called ‘ground level’ academics.
2British A direct payment of money from one bank account to another.
- Wages are payable by direct credit transfer to your bank account each Tuesday for the week ending the previous Friday before last.
- The savings on cross-border payments will apply only to those who make cross-border payments by credit transfer.
- Every year more people ask for their benefits to be paid direct to a bank by automatic credit transfer, because they find it convenient.