Definition of creel in English:
1A large wicker basket for holding fish.
- Most of the larger boats use single trawls while the smaller inshore vessels often fish by dropping creels in what supporters describe as a truly sustainable fishery.
- I slipped the kokanee into a plastic bag, wishing that I hadn't lost the old wicker creel that was companion to Grandfather's cane fly rod, and our last fishing trip was over.
- Planting those in my dear hubby's fishing creel will be a piece of cake.
1.1An angler’s fishing basket.
- While prowling around in our cluttered attic, this fanciful fishing creel my hubby never uses anymore caught my eye.
- A word about those creels: Successful anglers really do keep their catch here; fishing is so carefully restricted that there's no need for rigid catch-and-release regulations.
- All turf was brought home with horse car and creel.
Words that rhyme with creelallele, anele, anneal, appeal, Bastille, Beale, Castile, chenille, cochineal, cockatiel, conceal, congeal, deal, eel, Emile, feel, freewheel, genteel, Guayaquil, heal, heel, he'll, keel, Kiel, kneel, leal, Lille, Lucille, manchineel, meal, misdeal, Neil, O'Neill, ordeal, peal, peel, reel, schlemiel, seal, seel, she'll, spiel, squeal, steal, steel, Steele, teal, underseal, veal, weal, we'll, wheel, zeal
Definition of creel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan