Definition of creeper in English:
1 Botany Any plant that grows along the ground, around another plant, or up a wall by means of extending stems or branches.
- Yes muntries are little purple berries and they're the fruit of a shrub, a ground creeper, that grows down in eastern South Australia.
- The plant, a creeper of the arum lily family, is a native of Mexico and Guatemala.
- Flowering plants, creepers and hedge shrubs will be planted.
2 [with modifier] Any of a number of small birds that creep around in trees or vegetation:
- ● (brown creeper)North American The American treecreeper (Certhia americana, family Certhiidae). ● (brown creeper)NZ A New Zealand songbird (Mohoua (or Finschia) novaeseelandiae, family Pachycephalidae or Acanthizidae). ● A Philippine songbird (family Rhabdornithidae and genus Rhabdornis: two species). ● A Hawaiian honeycreeper (genus Paroreomyza, family Drepanididae: three species).
- One most beautiful and exotic of creepers is cardinal creeper.
- Brown creepers have just taken over the neighborhood, you hear them everywhere you go.
- A flock of brown creepers were on most of the trees.