Definition of creepy in English:
adjective (creepier, creepiest)informal
Causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease: the creepy feelings one often gets in a strange house
More example sentences
- The product itself is less creepy and weird than the testimonials on the website.
- This just feeds my fear of being some immediately identifiable creepy weirdo.
- Even though he's creepy and stalkerish and freaky I have a soft spot for him.
frightening, scaring, terrifying, hair-raising, spine-chilling, blood-curdling, chilling, petrifying, alarming, shocking, harrowing, horrifying, horrific, horrible, awful, nightmarish, macabre, ghostly;
- 1creepily adverb
- Example sentences
- As is so often the case, my suspicions have been creepily confirmed.
- In its final shape, the film is almost creepily self-referential.
- There's a whole book full of such creepily diluted nursery rhymes.
Words that rhyme with creepysleepy, tepee, weepy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.