- Flesh-eating or carnivorous: crocodiles are creophagous animalsMore example sentences
- Peregrines are indigenous birds, and unfortunately they are creophagous.
- We found hundreds of wild donkeys and other creophagous animals such as foxes and lynx.
- It is known that insects both of a creophagous and saprophagous nature, gradually diminish in relative numbers from the poles to the equator.
late 19th century: from Greek kreophagus, from kreas 'flesh' + -phagos (see -phagous).
More definitions of creophagousDefinition of creophagous in:
- The US English dictionary