- 1A crackling or rattling sound: pistol-like crepitationsMore example sentences
- The thump of a stapler, the snick of a ballpoint, the rattle of paper, the bass crepitation of the mail cart against the carpet.
- 1.1 Medicine A crackling sound made when breathing with an inflamed lung, detected using a stethoscope: chest examination showed left basal crepitationsMore example sentences
- All physicians had some experience in paediatrics and were retrained in the recognition of crepitations, bronchial breathing, and wheezing by a senior paediatrician every three months.
- On physical examination, crepitations were the main auscultatory findings, followed by rhonchi and wheezing.
- The results of physical examination were significant for bilateral basal diffuse rhonchi and crepitation.
mid 17th century: from French crépitation or Latin crepitatio(n-), from the verb crepitare (see crepitate).
More definitions of crepitationDefinition of crepitation in:
- The US English dictionary