- 1(Of a bird or other animal) having a comb or tuft of feathers, fur, or skin on the head: the crested drake mandarin duck [in combination]: a plush-crested jayMore example sentences
- They have a gray-blue feather crested head, which they can raise and lower.
- In Bendigo, near where I live in north-central Victoria, there are now huge numbers of crested pigeons.
- As yet another scorching summer has drawn to a close in Mumbai, one hears the haunting cry of the pied crested cuckoo.
More definitions of crestedDefinition of crested in:
- The US English dictionary