noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting a radical —OC6H4CH3, derived from a cresol.More example sentences
- Fluorescence quantum yields were determined relative to cresyl violet in methanol.
- Because of their RNA content, they can be stained with nuclear dyes such as brilliant cresyl blue; the RNA will appear as a reticular network, hence the name reticulocyte.
- Adjacent sections were stained with 0.5 per cent cresyl violet to localize the gray and white matter.
More definitions of cresylDefinition of cresyl in:
- The US English dictionary