- North American term for cot death.More example sentences
- SIDS, also called crib death or cot death, occurs when babies suffocate accidentally or stop breathing in an event called sleep apnea.
- Because review of previous studies failed to establish a clear association between ALTE and SIDS, the panel recommended discarding previously used terms, including ‘near-miss SIDS’ or ‘aborted crib death.’
- But this joyous occasion was soon met with sorrow, when the infant died suddenly of crib death.
More definitions of crib deathDefinition of crib death in:
- The US English dictionary