- (also cricoid cartilage) Anatomy The ring-shaped cartilage of the larynx.More example sentences
- Cricothyrotomy - a medical procedure involving an incision being made between the cricoid and thyroid cartilages to maintain patency of the airway.
- On the top edge of the cricoid are the two small arytenoid cartilages.
- The application of cricoid pressure compensates for decreased UES tone by compressing the proximal esophageal lumen between the cricoid cartilage and the cervical vertebrae.
mid 18th century: from modern Latin cricoides 'ring-shaped', from Greek krikoeidēs, from krikos 'ring'.
More definitions of cricoidDefinition of cricoid in:
- The US English dictionary