Definition of crime-fighting in English:
The action of working to reduce the incidence of crime: [as modifier]: a crime-fighting detective
More example sentences
- Research had shown that street-level police culture rested on an action and crime-fighting orientation.
- Smaller communities could lose out on crime-fighting cash if police forces are merged in our region, MPs warned today.
- Colchester police want to establish crime-fighting business watches in the borough.
- Example sentences
- Yes, but none of the previous artists were assisted by a suave TV crime-fighter driving a car with a mind of its own.
- It was clear that the crime-fighters keep abreast (so to speak) of technology.
- The campaign has been so successful in its first six months that neighbouring crime-fighters are joining the scheme.
Definition of crime-fighting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan