- A sudden increase in the number of crimes committed in a country or area: officials blamed the crime wave on economic shortagesMore example sentences
- The area has become the target of a sudden crime wave.
- Truth be told, the Society would have placed someone in the area to stem the crime wave.
- This crime wave happened during a period of economic recession with high inflation and increasing unemployment.
More definitions of crime waveDefinition of crime wave in:
- The US English dictionary