- A ring of rope containing a thimble, for another rope to pass through.More example sentences
- Along that edge of the sail there will be a series of cringles, or large stainless grommets.
- The Shearwater has three sets of cringles numbered 1, 2, and 3 from the bottom up.
- To make it easier to use the hooks, you can lash two stainless steel rings through the cringles at each tack reef location.
early 17th century: from Low German kringel, diminutive of kring 'ring'.
More definitions of cringleDefinition of cringle in:
- The US English dictionary