Entry from US English dictionary
1A facility, telephone answering system, etc., where individuals going through personal crises can obtain help or advice.
- In July 1999, the Council of Women's Organizations established a crisis center for abused persons.
- A political party has established a crisis center where people can drop off food, clothing or money for the victims.
- The crisis center Pisklakova works at offers telephone counselors, psychologists, and lawyers who offer assistance to battered women, if only temporarily.
1.1An office or agency that serves as a clearinghouse for information and coordinates action during an emergency or disaster.
- One option is the Pusat Krisis Terpadu, an integrated crisis center housed within the Emergency section of the Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo General Hospital.
- He said all those officials involved in flood prevention projects, including himself, had printed a book containing information on the crisis center.
- In an urgent situation, an emergency room or crisis center can help.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: cri·sis cen·ter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.