- (Especially of a leaf) having a wavy or curly edge.More example sentences
- The upturned, crispate anterolateral margins of Rocacarcinus are seen in other genera within the family.
- The plants are dark green and glossy; the leaves are tightly crispate when dry with the tips often circinate.
- This species is readily identified by its large flowers, strikingly striped sepals and by the greenish-brownish striped petals which are crispate.
mid 19th century: from Latin crispatus, past participle of crispare 'to curl'.
More definitions of crispateDefinition of crispate in:
- The US English dictionary