adjective (crispier, crispiest)
- (Of food) having a firm, dry, and brittle surface or texture: crispy fried baconMore example sentences
- Decorate with a fresh raspberry, a mint leaf, or optionally crumble crispy cookies on top.
- The crispy pork spare ribs, excited as I was to try them, didn't really deliver though.
- The dish also included some crispy bacon.
- More example sentences
- The crispiness of the crusty bread, the crunchiness of toast and the soft, yielding moistness of freshly baked bread are truly three of the wonders of life.
- The batter itself, thinly spread, cooked to almost crispiness and folded in a square, was at first strangely sweet.
- Just the right amount of crispiness on the outside and softness inside, contrasting with the sharpness of the lemon and sweetness of the sugar.
More definitions of crispyDefinition of crispy in:
- The US English dictionary