adjective (crispier, crispiest)
(Of food) having a firm, dry, and brittle surface or texture: crispy fried bacon
More example sentences
- Decorate with a fresh raspberry, a mint leaf, or optionally crumble crispy cookies on top.
- The crispy pork spare ribs, excited as I was to try them, didn't really deliver though.
- The dish also included some crispy bacon.
- More example sentences
- The crispiness of the crusty bread, the crunchiness of toast and the soft, yielding moistness of freshly baked bread are truly three of the wonders of life.
- The batter itself, thinly spread, cooked to almost crispiness and folded in a square, was at first strangely sweet.
- Just the right amount of crispiness on the outside and softness inside, contrasting with the sharpness of the lemon and sweetness of the sugar.
Definition of crispy in:
- The US English dictionary