- I only bought this book because I liked the cover - its purple with black criss-crosses.
- The tropical grass made criss-crosses on our legs as we sat.
- With criss-crosses stitched in the middle, like cartoon drunk eyes.
- Here's the lawn today, with it's stunning criss-cross pattern.
- Flatten lightly with fork to make criss-cross pattern.
- Signature details included intricate criss-cross fabric weaving, long lines and flowing fringe-like ties.
- Rhododendrons line some of the many paths that criss-cross the park.
- Half a dozen tree lined boulevards criss-cross the city with French elegance and the streets through the middle heave with traffic of all kinds.
- The long term goal is to build monorail lines criss-crossing the city, creating a true transportation alternative for Seattle residents.
- And so he kept on the move, criss-crossing a large region of gently rolling Cheshire countryside.
- An estimated 10,000 working girls will be on the move, criss-crossing the country to follow the fans - and the money - around.
- Mr Baxter has travelled thousands of miles criss-crossing the constituency.
Early 17th century (denoting a figure of a cross preceding the alphabet in a hornbook): from Christ-cross (in the same sense in late Middle English), from Christ's cross. The form was later treated as a reduplication of cross.
Definition of criss-cross in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.