- A philosophical approach to culture, and especially to literature, that considers the social, historical, and ideological forces and structures which produce and constrain it.More example sentences
- There is, however, considerable unease about the implications of critical theory, social ecology and some varieties of deep ecology.
- A third position might insist on a new approach in which critical theory explores a new role within, not outside, the growing nexus of cultural markets and the arts.
- The third ‘science’ he considers is critical theory.
More definitions of critical theoryDefinition of critical theory in:
- The US English dictionary