Definition of crocodilian in English:
A large predatory semiaquatic reptile of an order that comprises the crocodiles, alligators, caimans, and gharial. Crocodilians are distinguished by long jaws, short legs, and a powerful tail.
- Order Crocodylia: three families
- Caiman belong to the group known as crocodilians, which also includes alligators and crocodiles.
- In other species, such as monitor lizards and crocodilians, the lungs are partitioned into chambers made up of an intricate net of support structures.
- Deliberate stone and soil swallowing has been reported for modem snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodilians serving to macerate digesta.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to crocodilians.
- Only two crocodilian groups had sparser, and therefore less sensitive, strings of the holes running along their jaws.
- The skin of the saltwater crocodile produces the highest quality leather of the world's crocodilian species.
- They've got these crocodilian jaws that just crunch off huge chunks of meat and bone, and then they just swallow it all.
Definition of crocodilian in:
- US English dictionary