Definition of crocodilian in English:
A large predatory semiaquatic reptile of an order that comprises the crocodiles, alligators, caimans, and gharial. Crocodilians are distinguished by long jaws, short legs, and a powerful tail.
- Order Crocodylia: three families
- Caiman belong to the group known as crocodilians, which also includes alligators and crocodiles.
- In other species, such as monitor lizards and crocodilians, the lungs are partitioned into chambers made up of an intricate net of support structures.
- Deliberate stone and soil swallowing has been reported for modem snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodilians serving to macerate digesta.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to crocodilians.
- Only two crocodilian groups had sparser, and therefore less sensitive, strings of the holes running along their jaws.
- The skin of the saltwater crocodile produces the highest quality leather of the world's crocodilian species.
- They've got these crocodilian jaws that just crunch off huge chunks of meat and bone, and then they just swallow it all.
Definition of crocodilian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan