- A person who farms a croft.More example sentences
- Hebridean crofters and near-bankrupt tenant farmers aching for someone to represent their views must hold their heads in their hands at such miserable displays.
- Landowners with estates on which crofters or tenant farmers live are facing a different economic climate since the land reform legislation was passed.
- The majority of protagonists in the drama were tenant crofters who had farmed the land for countless generations, with only a tiny smattering of incomers.
More definitions of crofterDefinition of crofter in:
- The US English dictionary