A person with a hunchback.
- Ian McKellen's characterization has as much of Oswald Mosley in it as of Shakespeare's ‘crookback’ King, and the film is shot through with heavy irony.
- I am the only crookback of my party; we are else passably well shapen.
- Example sentences
- But it so happened that the small crookbacked old man once again came wandering with his sack on the back.
- The lintel twists with numerals, the four walls buckling with crookbacked joists until ghosts hang homeless in the lurching levels.
- We learn from these reports that Knupp had some physical deficiencies, for example that one of his legs was shorter than the other, that he was crookbacked, sweated easily and had bad teeth.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: crook|back
Definition of crookback in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.