- (Of rock) appear or be exposed at the surface of the earth: high hills are found where the igneous rocks of eastern South Uist crop outMore example sentences
- At the base of the erosional hollow, an inlier of Jurassic rocks crops out below the late Cimmerian unconformity.
- The nature of the Lower Palaeozoic rocks which crop out in the peninsula therefore hold important evidence for the Caledonian evolution of the area.
- The Hammamat Group is a sequence of immature, clastic sedimentary rocks that crop out sporadically throughout the central and northern segments of the Eastern Desert of Egypt.
More definitions of crop outDefinition of crop out in:
- The US English dictionary