- A small ball or roll of vegetables, minced meat, or fish, fried in breadcrumbs: a potato croquetteMore example sentences
- You can do a lot of the preparation in advance - make and freeze the bacalao fritters and ham croquettes, for example, and marinate the chorizo and lightly roast the baby peppers.
- A list of tapas includes garlic shrimp or mushrooms, rice and seafood croquettes, fried calamari and sardines.
- The chickpea croquettes called falafel and the ever-popular chickpea dip, hummus, are both very good.
French, from croquer 'to crunch'.
More definitions of croquetteDefinition of croquette in:
- The US English dictionary