Definition of cross-dress in English:
Wear clothing typical of the opposite sex: a lot of men cross-dress (as noun cross-dressing) entertainment has thrived on drag, cross-dressing, and androgyny
More example sentences
- That women can freely cross-dress but men cannot is breathtaking hypocrisy.
- He began cross-dressing at age 7, wearing his sister's clothes while hiding in a closet.
- There are many possibilities with cross-dressing.
- Example sentences
- Nobody knows that they're cross-dressers, not even their families.
- There are a lot more cross-dressers out there than people realize, and most of them, actually, are heterosexual.
- Neither the official nor the paper said how the authority planned to check that cross-dressers did not sneak aboard.
Definition of cross-dress in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan