verb[with object] (often as noun cross-hatching)
- (In drawing or graphics) shade (an area) with intersecting sets of parallel lines: the region is defined by diagonal cross-hatchingMore example sentences
- In the bundle of materials there is a map which identifies by cross-hatching various areas.
- Among the very first techniques taught in art classes are how to render objects in a variety of ways: line, shadows, contour line, stippling, cross-hatching and so on.
- Some of the shading techniques used were cross-hatching, stippling, spirals and close repetition of continuous lines.
More definitions of cross-hatchDefinition of cross-hatch in:
- The US English dictionary