- The reaction of an antibody with an antigen other than the one which gave rise to it.More example sentences
- Cross reactions occur between retroviral glycoproteins and lymphocyte surface receptors.
- Participants with a history of adverse reactions to peas, beans, or peanuts were excluded because of possible cross reactions to soya protein.
- Prions exist in very low concentrations in the body, and the cross reaction with other proteins makes the identification of these prions difficult.
More definitions of cross-reactionDefinition of cross-reaction in:
- The US English dictionary