Definition of cross reference in English:
A reference to another text or part of a text, typically given in order to elaborate on a point.
- There, that information could be collated with other profiles, to create a social network map of blog cross references.
- The entry concludes with cross references to other articles.
- I wanted to find out about money-laundering, so I pressed Google and followed a complex web of cross references.
verbBack to top
(cross-reference) [with object] Provide with cross references: entries are fully cross-referenced
More example sentences
- The comprehensive database and cross-referenced web site provides a platform for further discourse and analytical study.
- His superb appendix provides an exhaustive guide cross-referencing Williams's works and biblical references.
- The book is fully cross-referenced and has a useful Thematic Index along with a clear and valuable Introduction.
Definition of cross reference in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.