- 1A stitch formed of two stitches crossing each other.More example sentences
- She used satin stitches extensively for flowers and leaves, and cross stitches elsewhere.
- It was like the cross stitch pattern that says ‘Home Sweet Home’.
- Mine does a cross stitch design and that worked just fine.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Needlework done using cross-stitches: work the border in cross-stitchMore example sentences
- The exhibition featured bobbin lace, patchwork and quilting, cross stitch, canvas work embroidery, macramé, and even miniature furniture.
- Also, the craft group have a nice selection of cross stitch pictures, candles and other attractive items on show.
- I have a version, done in cross stitch by an old friend, on a shelf near my desk.
verbBack to top
- [with object] Sew or embroider using cross-stitch: (as adjective cross-stitched) a cross-stitched pillowMore example sentences
- Women often sit on their front porches knitting for their families, or cross-stitching or embroidering the bodices for their traditional dresses.
- We were given opportunities to ride, knit, crochet, cross-stitch, and weave.
- I was cross-stitching in a chair on the lawn when he approached me.
More definitions of cross-stitchDefinition of cross-stitch in:
- The US English dictionary