- Training in two or more sports in order to improve fitness and performance, especially in a main sport: [as modifier]: rollerblades have become popular as a cross-training tool for cyclists, skiers, and runnersMore example sentences
- I have also been doing some cross-training and going to the gym.
- In the ‘off-season’, I do a bit of cross-training with weights and try to incorporate other sports for general fitness.
- If you're joints need a little lubrication, or your muscles crave a good deep stretch, why not add Bikram Yoga to your cross-training arsenal?
More definitions of cross-trainingDefinition of cross-training in:
- The US English dictionary