- Gunfire from two or more directions passing through the same area: a photographer was killed in crossfire • figurative the sponsors are caught in the crossfire of the battle between the world champion and his team bossMore example sentences
- However, if such are killed in crossfire or if used as human shields, they become collateral damage.
- Elsewhere, suspected rebels shot dead three civilians, a bystander was killed in crossfire and five more militants were gunned down by troops, police said.
- A policeman and a civilian caught in crossfire were also killed.
More definitions of crossfireDefinition of crossfire in:
- The US English dictionary