- A pair of horizontal struts attached to a sailing ship’s mast to spread the rigging, especially at the head of a topmast.More example sentences
- The horns of the crosstrees are only shown as a cross section where they are situated in the centre of the bracket.
- The most common design - in fact the only one I've ever seen in visiting a fairly substantial number of naval facilities - is the pole with crosstrees and no gaff.
- I want you to step from the crosstrees onto that, but rest most of your weight against the yard - use the sail furled along the top to hang on to.
More definitions of crosstreesDefinition of crosstrees in:
- The US English dictionary