- North American and Australian term for pedestrian crossing.More example sentences
- Detectors were installed to monitor pedestrians only on the crosswalk but not on the footpath.
- When the pedestrian phase is too long, drivers may be unnecessarily delayed at an empty crosswalk after all pedestrians have completed their crossing.
- It is important that students understand that the traffic calming devices on the Ring Road are not crosswalks.
More definitions of crosswalkDefinition of crosswalk in:
- The US English dictionary