Definition of crowd-pleaser in English:
A person or thing with great popular appeal: once again, the group has produced an album which is bound to be a crowd-pleaser
More example sentences
- I mean, don't tell me that I'm turning into a politician, skipping over the real problems to focus on the flashy, easily remedied crowd-pleasers.
- By their nature, sports movies are crowd-pleasers.
- He moved to Las Vegas and lived there, he moved to Hawaii and lived there; by 1974, he was earning up to $US20,000 a week, belting out crowd-pleasers in his big, big voice.
- Example sentences
- The Californian has pulled off the tricky feat of controlling his aggression and improving his accuracy off the tee without sacrificing the crowd-pleasing short game for which he is so admired.
- When all those elements are added together, they just don't gel into a persuasive whole - no matter how hard the director tries to whip the film into a crowd-pleasing yuletide fantasy.
- It's the kind of stuff that you find playing near dusk at folk festivals - unthreatening, solidly crafted and played, crowd-pleasing fare.
Definition of crowd-pleaser in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia