Definition of crowd-pleaser in English:
A person or thing with great popular appeal: once again, the group has produced an album which is bound to be a crowd-pleaser
More example sentences
- I mean, don't tell me that I'm turning into a politician, skipping over the real problems to focus on the flashy, easily remedied crowd-pleasers.
- By their nature, sports movies are crowd-pleasers.
- He moved to Las Vegas and lived there, he moved to Hawaii and lived there; by 1974, he was earning up to $US20,000 a week, belting out crowd-pleasers in his big, big voice.
- Example sentences
- The Californian has pulled off the tricky feat of controlling his aggression and improving his accuracy off the tee without sacrificing the crowd-pleasing short game for which he is so admired.
- When all those elements are added together, they just don't gel into a persuasive whole - no matter how hard the director tries to whip the film into a crowd-pleasing yuletide fantasy.
- It's the kind of stuff that you find playing near dusk at folk festivals - unthreatening, solidly crafted and played, crowd-pleasing fare.
Definition of crowd-pleaser in:
- US English dictionary