- The practice of funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the Internet: musicians, filmmakers, and artists have successfully raised funds and fostered awareness through crowdfundingMore example sentences
- Crowdfunding is not for everyone.
- As crowdfunding has matured from a series of one-off efforts into something reproducible, the money has followed.
- He is painting a mural in Pike Place Public Market and is using crowdfunding to obtain the funds to complete this colorful project.
- More example sentences
- There are two issues with crowdfunded sites that also have volunteer journalists, however: who's going to pay for it and who's going to write it.
- I've always been a collaborative filmmaker and so, on a whim really, I became a backer to a crowdfunded project.
- Last week, I initiated an experiment in crowd-funded journalism with this blog post.
More definitions of crowdfundingDefinition of crowdfunding in:
- The US English dictionary