- Glass made without lead or iron, originally in a circular sheet. Formerly used in windows, it is now used as optical glass of low refractive index.More example sentences
- The ‘Barlow lens ‘, a modification of this telescope lens, is a negative achromatic combination of flint glass and crown glass.’
- Progress in the production of window glass from the hand craft of blowing crown glass to large sheets of drawn glass in 1915 had a very noticeable effect on the appearance of buildings.
- It retains many of its original Georgian features including sash windows, crown glass, ornate ceiling cornicing, dado rails and picture rails.
More definitions of crown glassDefinition of crown glass in:
- The US English dictionary