- 1 (Crown Jewels) The crown and other ornaments and jewellery worn or carried by a sovereign on certain state occasions: the Crown Jewels of the British monarchyMore example sentences
- Edinburgh Castle is home to Scotland's Crown Jewels, the oldest Royal Regalia in the UK.
- The Cullinan Diamond is on display at the Tower of London and is part of the British Crown Jewels.
- The Crown Jewels of the British monarchy have been around for over 800 years.
- 2A particularly valuable or prized possession or asset: one of Istanbul’s architectural crown jewels he is under pressure to sell the crown jewel of his retail empireMore example sentences
- Our research universities are our crown jewels and we simply have to invest in them in a serious way.
- They have also succeeded in getting rid of the college's crown jewels, the experienced staff who have served it so well for so many years.
- Defenders setting up a wall to face a free kick near the penalty area will not longer be allowed to protect their crown jewels with their hands.
- 2.1 (crown jewels) • humorous A man’s genitals.More example sentences
- Whether you choose to sunbathe ‘au naturel’ or to keep your crown jewels undercover, we look forward to welcoming you to Gran Canaria's only men-only complexes.
- The only thing Pete was flashing was his crown jewels after taking to the stage with his flies undone.
- It was quite hot that evening and not being a man to restrict his crown jewels in boxers all night, yours truly was sleeping in the buff.
More definitions of crown jewelDefinition of crown jewel in:
- The US English dictionary