- A gearwheel or cogwheel with teeth that project from the face of the wheel at right angles, used especially in the gears of motor vehicles.More example sentences
- This same product also secures the crown wheel to the differential to prevent fretting (wear caused by small metal particles generated on assembly).
- The grey gearwheels are crown wheels with normal cylindrical gearing on the outside circumference.
- The teeth of the crown wheel act upon the pallets alternately and cause the balance to oscillate.
More definitions of crown wheelDefinition of crown wheel in:
- The US English dictionary