- 1A groove at the end of a cask or barrel to receive the edge of the head.More example sentences
- Near each end of body of the barrel, a groove, called the croze, is cut into the inside of the barrel.
- To do this the hoops are loosened and the head is inserted into the croze.
- 1.1A cooper’s tool for making croze grooves.More example sentences
- This croze plane has two nicker blades and a square croze blade, indicating that it was intended for making beer casks.
early 17th century: perhaps from French creux, creuse 'hollow'.
More definitions of crozeDefinition of croze in:
- The US English dictionary