- The maximum distance from a base that the fuel capacity of a ship or aircraft will allow it to travel and then return safely at cruising speed: a fuel capacity of 2200 gallons should give a cruising range of around 2000 milesMore example sentences
- Fuel capacity is 140 gallons and the cruising range is about 200 miles, allowing for a 10% fuel reserve.
- These ships were fast and powerful and had a long cruising range but were of a design that essentially represented an update of late World War I practices.
- The cruising ranges of the Pacific Fleet simply could not meet this necessity.
More definitions of cruising rangeDefinition of cruising range in:
- The US English dictionary