- A speed for a particular vehicle, ship, or aircraft, usually somewhat below maximum, that is comfortable and economical: the boat is powered by a pair of 425-hp diesels that push it along at a cruising speed of 28 knotsMore example sentences
- The aircraft has a cruising speed up to 530 km/h with a maximum speed of 560 km/h.
- On this sort of trip, you can expect all the trimmings: a four-seater aircraft with a cruising speed of 450 mph, reclining leather seats, champagne and caviar on tap and a shiny black car to whisk you to your destination.
- By using the readouts, you can determine the best cruising speed for maximum economy.
More definitions of cruising speedDefinition of cruising speed in:
- The US English dictionary