- A part of a motor vehicle, especially the extreme front and rear, designed to crumple easily in a crash and absorb the main force of an impact.More example sentences
- Alternatively, the crumple zone in the larger vehicle can be designed to crush at the same rate and degree as that of a lighter car, so that they absorb the same amount of energy.
- Since you don't have a crumple zone, the material has to take in all the force/energy and transfer it.
- What we have done in the front is we have a structure that is very similar to a car structure, which means that it has a crumple zone.
More definitions of crumple zoneDefinition of crumple zone in:
- The US English dictionary