- A strap buckled to the back of a saddle and looped under the horse’s tail to prevent the saddle or harness from slipping forward.More example sentences
- Donkeys and mules don't have the big shoulders horses have, so their saddles have a special tail piece called a crupper to prevent saddle and rider from sliding forward onto the animal's neck.
- Attached to the back edge of the aparejo's two sacks was a crupper, a broad leather strap, that ran around the animal's hindquarters and under its tail.
- ‘Remember not to touch the horse's crupper and stand behind them,’ the coach warned us again and again.
More definitions of crupperDefinition of crupper in:
- The US English dictionary