noun (plural crura /ˈkrʊərə/)Anatomy
- An elongated part of an anatomical structure, especially one which occurs in the body as a pair. See crus cerebri.More example sentences
- The lower lateral cartilages become shortened at the medial crura and elongated and displaced in the lateral crura.
- The brachial valve contains short crura and a prominent, branched cardinal process.
- These points are located between the crura and the other connected structures.
early 18th century: from Latin, 'leg'.
More definitions of crusDefinition of crus in:
- The US English dictionary