- 1 (Crusader) A fighter in the medieval Crusades.More example sentences
- Participation in the Crusade was said to have great spiritual value for the individual crusader.
- The man who went on about the need for love found himself backing crusaders all the way to the Holy Land.
- The entire venture was an ignoble failure, calling forth from Bernard a passionate lament over the sins of the crusaders.
- 2A person who campaigns vigorously for political, social, or religious change; a campaigner: crusaders for early detection and treatment of mental illnessesMore example sentences
- CNN entertainment correspondent Brooke Anderson is investigating Senator Patrick Leahy's fascination with the caped crusader.
- Theoretical science has been slowly driven from the universities by the new crusaders of Postmodernism.
- In 2004, the Republicans will be a prowar party led by a would-be crusader.