An arthropod of the large, mainly aquatic group Crustacea, such as a crab, lobster, shrimp, or barnacle.
- On the coast, the plovers' diet consists of marine worms, crustaceans, and small mollusks.
- The significance of this is that other species such as shellfish and crustaceans feeding in plankton could be affected.
- Marine scientists have found evidence of similar patterns among shoreline species like crabs, crustaceans and seaweed.
Relating to or denoting crustaceans.
- An additional treatment without crustacean zooplankton was also established.
- Positive effects of juvenoids on crustacean metamorphosis were also encountered in barnacles early on.
- It is a small crustacean related to the woodlice.
- Example sentences
- The more crustaceous the outer structure, the more aware we are of the softness of the underbelly.
Words that rhyme with crustaceanablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, geolocation, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: crust|acean
Definition of crustacean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.